Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weird


So last night, as I was flipping through the channels instead of journaling, a weird movie I had never seen or heard of before caught my eye, and it was the first movie in a long time that left me shocked. You may or may not have seen Leaving Las Vegas with Nic Cage, but damn. I advise that you do, and quick. It's weird, but I felt like I was almost able to relate to the girl in the movie. If you haven't seen it yet (came out in 1995 or something) do it. It will make your life look like a walk in the park. Nic Cage actually won the Academy Award for it. Upon further research I discovered that he got loaded for 2 weeks in Dublin, Ireland and had a friend video tape him so he could watch the footage later and study his speaking patterns and mannerisms. Later he admitted it was the funnest research he'd ever done.


I think Ebert's right about Cage. He said that he gets a bad rap, but he considers Cage an acting great, right up there with Dinero, Pacino, Nicholson. Although he does a wide range of movies that sometimes get bad reviews, he never looks the camera in the eye and winks, no matter how unbelievable the character is he's playing. He fully believes in every role he plays. I like that. I harvested a new respect for Nic Cage on a Thursday night. Go figure.


Today I went to family fun night and won some candy and looked around at the old kerkstra/ new hille. It was fun. David actually won a cake in the cake walk. Tomorrow is Alice in Wonderland! Smoking catepillar here I come.


I'm my sister's confirmation sponsor in 2 weeks, and I'm thinking of getting her a little gift. Any ideas?

1 comment: