Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vacation

Recently (today mostly), I've been trying to help my parents book a vacation. As much as booking vacations online is supposed to be convenient, it's actually very hard. They really don't know where exactly they want to go (Bahamas, California, Mexico?) or if they want to go on a cruise or an all-inclusive resort. Searching on google gives you a million different options. All of the all-inclusive vacation packages all look nicer than the next, making it impossible to make a decision. Plus there's the budget constraint as well. I guess they mostly just need to figure out an exact budget and stick to it, and narrow it down between a cruise or an all-inclusive resort. Man, maybe they should just get a travel agent. It's hard to figure out where to travel internationally, especially when your shelling out thousands.

The bad news is, while they are on this all-inclusive tropical vacation, I will be unable to attend. But I'll be on my own vacation in Vegas! I'm very excited for this trip, and it's basically all I've been able to look forward to. I'm actually thinking that if I won't be going to work that thursday, I almost wish we could travel Wednesday night and get there early. But really, I think we will have plenty of time in Vegas. I just wanna fly away and be on vacation...

Last night I went to Bubba Gump with all my friends at Navy Pier. There were some good laughs had, mainly when Katie C had dialogue with her crab claws. I got a burger, since I typically don't like seafood, but I did try some crab legs dipped in butter and it was actually really good! It's an expensive habit to get into, though, so I may steer clear. I guess I was just suprised at how non-fishy and buttery-delicious they were. I had 2 tall beers, which was awesome because I haven't gotten a buzz in some time, but that made me fall asleep on the ride home, and I found myself in bed at 11 p.m.

Tonight I'll be going to Woodridge to visit my college roomate Lo. I haven't seen her in ages it feels like. It'll be nice to catch up.

Wednesday I won a free facial for me and five friends from the Mary Kay lady that I met at the pizza-tasting fundraiser. And I won $25 of free products, which in reality may only be like one face cream, but hey, as my dad would say, "Can't beat free."

'Tis all for now. I need to make headway on my Shutter Island book.

No comments:

Post a Comment