Monday, April 26, 2010

I felt free

Today is Monday, and for the first time in months, not the worst day of my week, or my life in general. I'm still experience post-vacation euphoria, and I'm not ashamed. I feel so great for the first time in probably half a year. I hope the good feelings last. I really do, because I don't want to go back to that old place. That old place was dark and scary and ruined me for a long time. And I want to feel good, and laugh, and not dread my life, and not feel weird about who I am and what I like because there are others like me and they like me and I like them. Fuck it they love me and I love them. And we're so fucking funny it's unbelievable. And I don't think I could've laughed at or made another joke. Or ate better food. Or listened to better music. Or saw more awesome wild turkeys.

For the first time since I was dumped I felt genuinely happy. Not fake happy. Not half-listening. Not waiting for the night to be over so I could go home and cry, not miserable. Not worried. Happy.

That's all anyone needs to know.

1 comment: