Monday, October 18, 2010

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

What an emotional past few days I have had! Yesterday was my going away party. It was truly something to behold. All of my closest friends came to send me off and I was just overjoyed! It was a fantastic night of food, drinks, laughs and fun. It's really what life is all about. The Katies made a beautiful photo montage and played it for everyone at the party....It brought me to tears! It was so nice! Everyone had a great time, including myself. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for being there for me and being a great friend.

When I was contemplating whether or not to move away, I struggled with a lot of emotions, many of them dealing with leaving loved ones. I love my parents, family and friends so much. They literally define my existence. I cried for a couple of days in August when I decided to actually go through with the move. I had been okay since, mostly busy planning the move and studying for the GRE. But after last night, today was an emotional roller coaster for me. I cried the better part of the day, thinking about how much I love everyone and how special they are to me. I felt very sad to be leaving such a great and caring group of people behind. I'm a very sensitive person and often nostalgic and reflective. Coming down from the wonderful high of yesterday made me miserable! I guess you can say the party was THAT much fun!

To be honest, moving and going through the motions is much easier said than done.  A few posts ago I outlined the reasons for my adventure and I firmly stick by it. But at the same time, today I was gripped with the harsh realities of leaving my home and everything/everyone so familiar to me. It's tough man. I know this is a life lesson that I have to face with courage and I know whatever the results are, they are nothing but positive. Sometimes doing the hardest thing is the right thing, and that struggle is something I'm going to have to reconcile in the months to come.

I just want to thank everyone again for the party and the company last night. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Know that you are all truly loved by me and I will miss you all very very deeply. I won't be gone forever!  We also better all keep in touch and I want to see some people come and visit because that would be just awesome!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment