Monday, November 16, 2009

No Reservations


I just got done watching No Reservations: Chicago. I'm fairly pleased at how accurate Chicago was portrayed. I thought it was fair. I thought it touched on everything that is Chicago-why it's the "Second City" (no one, including Bourdain, was able to think up a reason), the greasy, fried, and hearty delicacies that blue-collar clientele enjoy, and the upscale, culinary creativeness that many restaurants have. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I love anything Anthony Bourdain touches because he's one of my many culinary and linguistic heroes. I have felt that the years have softened him up. He's married, he quit smoking, and sometimes I miss his cynicism. But he's still as intuitive and appreciative as ever- and damn funny! One of my favorite shows in recent years. If you haven't seen his show on the Travel Channel yet, tune in on Mondays. It's great for the travelers-at-heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment